CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Update

Well, first of all I will start off by saying sorry for not updating this thing for like two months. And second I would like to tell you all that has happened since my last update.

Since the Legionarios game I have played in seven other games, all of which went well for me, but not so good for the team. Throughout the season I was able to become the number 1 reciever in the league, and also #1 in receptions, yards, yards after catch, and TD receptions. It has been a whirlwind of excitement and fun. In our second to last game, which was in Guadalahara, I was returning a kick when I got hit and spun off, and then hit again in the shoulder. I had to go to the hospital to get X-rays on my shoulder, which turned out to be dislocated. It popped right back in but I had sprained it pretty bad. The following week, which ended up being our last game, I was able to play because of a good doctor and some good ole' Cortizone. After the season ended, I needed some time to recuperate and rest. So I went to Acapulco to be on the beach for 3 days and be by the ocean. It was a much needed experience that I will never forget. Lately, I have just been going to school and passing the time. I have also been able to do some stuff for my parents and the mission. Also, I was able to go to the cultural event that was held in the Aztec Stadium here in Mexico City. At first I was with the missionaries, and I was planning on marching in with them into the stadium in front of the prophet and singing Called to Serve in spanish. But, it turned out that there was a special box that I had to go sit in with David and his brothers and sisters. It turned out to be an incredible experience filled with the Spirit. The following day, I was able to be in the temple for the rededication. I wasn't able to be in the Celestial Room, but I was right by it. It was awesome knowing that the prophet was there, right in the next room, speaking to millions of people. It has been quite a crazy rollercoaster for me, trying to get ready for BYU and mission at the same time. For those that are wondering, I will be getting my mission call while I am there in Utah, and I am going to put my availability date as July 1st. So, big things up ahead for Ryan. Anyway, that is quite the update, I hope you had fun reading it. Take care, have a great week of Thanksgiving, and don't forget what we are really giving thanks for.

1 comments:

Grandma A said...

Hey Ryan, Glad you updated your blog. I was going to make a long comment, but decided to write an e-mail to you instead. Love, Grandma A.